There is a really great auction happening this week called Pens for Paws. The auction is an online auction with writers and others from the publishing community to raise funds for Fat Kitty City, a no-kill, cage-free cat (and dog!) sanctuary in El Dorado Hills, California.
Here is a peak at some of the items up for auction.
- Signed copy of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, with a doodle especially for Pens for Paws
- Picture book and query critique by Kathleen Rushall of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Query, synopsis, and first chapter (up to 15 pages) critique from Pam van Hylckema Vlieg of Foreword Literary
- Query and first 10 pages critique from Sara D’Emic of Talcott Notch Literary
- Critique of 50 pages by Natalie Lakosil of Bradford Literary Agency
- 5 chances at a query critique by Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary
- Signed copies of the 1st three books in the Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer (yes, that includes an ARC of Spirit!)
- Signed copy of The Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeyman
- Books by Kelley York, plus a 20-page critique
- Query plus first chapter critique by Sarah LaPolla of Curtis Brown Ltd
- 2 (!) signed copies each of Jeff Somers’s Trickster and Sean Ferrell’s Man in the Empty Suit
Each day, a couple auction items post on the Pens for Paws blog . Each item has about a twenty-four to forty-eight hour window where you can leave a bid in the comment section of the blog. Lots of great critiques from agents are up for auction! I’ve got my eye on one with Sarah LaPolla for my work in progress, Kids in Orange: A Collection of Voices from Juvenile Detention Poetry Workhsop.The auction runs from March 12-16. You can also sign up to follow @pensforpaws on Twitter to find out when an item is posting.